SAE J 518 flange seal
Construction group: FLA flange seal
Construction form: N symmetrical flange seal
Profile no.: 89
Seal material: TPU 95
Operational application limits
Pressure (MPa): ≤ 42
Temperature (°C): -30 to + 100
Hydraulic oils as per DIN 51524 Part 1 – 3, mineral oil based lubricants and greases, non-flammable hydraulic pressure fluids HFA, HFB, HFC as per VDMA 24317
The FLAN 89 is designed to provide static sealing for SAE flanges and is compressed axially within the installation housing.
The FLAN 89 is used to seal SAE flanges. SAE flanges as per SAE J 518 are used for the widest variety of hydraulic applications, e.g., in the fields of mobile and heavy hydraulics. SAE J 518 flanges belong to the group of static hydraulic pressure connections and are frequently used as pipe flanges and valve-block flanges.
TPU seals are very robust and are distinguished by
- a low degree of residual pressure deformation
- a high degree of resistance to abrasion
- a high degree of resistance to extrusion
- a long service life
- a high degree of functional reliability
- simplicity of installation
- t he ability to be used even with rougher surfaces
- can replace O-rings and square cross-section rings
The flange seal can be fitted into the axially accessible installation housing by hand. Care should be taken to ensure that the upper surface of the installation housing is dry during installation and that edges are free of burrs. Radii and chamfers must be finished correspondingly.