PRR FKM 80
PRR FKM 80
Product group: Profil rings
FKM 80 Shore A,
Operational application limits
-20°C bis +200°C
DIN 3869 profile sealing rings are used for the axial-static sealing of threaded tube connections, fittings and sealing screws with stud ends in connection with ports. By tightening the screw connection the easy-to-handle elastomer profile sealing ring is compacted, thereby producing the sealing effect at the surfaces to be sealed. The purpose of the profile sealing ring is to stop the medium from leaking, thereby preventing loss of pressure. The geometry protects the seal against twisting during installation and in the installation housing. At the same time, the profile sealing ring holds back dust and dirt. Any mechanical deformation of the cross-section is minimised due to the geometry of the profile.
Areas of application
Profile sealing rings acc. to DIN 3869 are used as axially static soft seals in combination with threaded elements, e.g. in construction machinery, hydraulic presses, injection machines, fittings, hydraulic valves and threaded tube connections in industry in general.
The installation housing of the profile sealing ring should comply with DIN 3852 Part 11. The surface finishes are to be observed in accordance with the standard quoted. DIN 3869 profile sealing rings can also be installed in installation housing designed according to ISO 1179, ISO 9974-2, ISO 9974-3 and ISO 11926.
Good chemical resistance to:
– mineral oils and greases, synthetic oils and greases,
– engine, transmission and ATF oils to approx. +150°C,
– lowflammability hydraulic pressure fluids HFD,
– aliphatic, aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbons,
– water to max. +80°C,
– excellent resistance to weathering, ozone and ageing,
– very low gas permeability (and therefore excellent for vacuum application)
– resistance to a wide range of chemicals.
– dynamic and static application in gas appliances and gas equipment acc. to DIN EN 549 E1/H3 (0 up to +150 °C).
Generally not resistant to:
– hot water,
– polar solvents,
– glycol - based brake fluids and low-molecular organic acids.
Do not damage the profile sealing ring during installation, as this may cause leakage. On the surface to be sealed, grooves, cavities and scratches are to be avoided. Foreign bodies such as dust, dirt, swarf and other particles are to be removed.
In addition, the following points should be observed:
– During installation, make sure that the profile sealing ring is positioned correctly (see illustration).
– Thread tips should be covered using an assembly sleeve, and any assembly tools used should be made of soft material (e.g. POM) and have no sharp edges.
– Unlike O-rings, DIN 3869 profile sealing rings should not be greased for installation; the same applies to the installation housing.
– Seals can be refitted
– Low mechanical deformation of the cross-section under pressure loads
– Seals do not twist in the groove
– Simple to handle when fitting
– Low sensitivity to gap extrusion
– No relative movement in the groove at pressure pulsation
– Slight leakage also with low-viscosity mediums
– Minimal cross-section deformation